Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Somewhat of a Reason

Why hello there, I am starting this blog on a rainy day in Florida, where roads are flooding due to Tropical Storm Debby. Unfortunately and truthfully enough, I have decided after much thought and boredom to start a blog. I'm studying Editing, Writing, and Media at Florida State University and figured, "Hey, if I'm in a writing major, then shouldn't I be writing?" Simple question, right? Well, I find that my problem is that I enjoy writing....wait for it...essays. It's true. And although that may come in handy in college, I don't think essays will get me far in the real world, unless I am striving to be some important doctor or scientist who is finding the next breakthrough in medicine or biology. And I can assure you, that's not likely to happen. The very thought of hospitals brings about a depressing feeling for me, and even more of fear. Doctors make me nervous, though, they are only there to help. I have no real reason to feel this way because my family practitioner is wonderful and my physical therapist was great when I encountered that adventure, if you will, last summer. All of that being said, I think that it would be a good time to try and break away from the structure and security of the argumenatives, or informatives, and try to start writing, for real. Hopefully this will develop more into a passion and even bring some clarity as to what in the world I should strive for as a career. We shall see. In the meantime, I will write my thoughts, experiences, and other fun tid-bits I find worthy of sharing. Until next time, ~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment